SSAFA’s QR code and NFC enabled mascot stands out at Battle Proms Concerts
An additional tool for volunteers to collect funds at charity events – watch the interview
SSAFA’s Battle Proms are a series of fundraising events that take place outside various stately homes around the UK and showcase Spitfires flying overhead, fireworks and music. It’s a chance to raise funds as well as promote the armed forces charity.
SSAFA’s bear, James, accompanied volunteers and cash buckets with an important mission to process mobile donations and raffle entries. He had a QR code and NFC sticker so that volunteers could collect secure donations in a distanced and touch-free way.
- Raised over £6000 additional funds.
- Survived wet weather by being waterproof!
- Real-time data meant SSAFA could say thank you live on stage
- Positive feedback from volunteers and families with children
Speaking Good Thyngs
“As we move into hybrid events more and more, I think it’s just really important to have that really strong digital element to all your events, and Good Thyngs definitely have just helped us do that across the whole events portfolio.”
– Lizzie Rossiter, senior events officer at SSAFA The Armed Forces Charity
“The way that it worked really well for us was capturing the data on the back end of Good Thyngs. It was really useful because you could personalise your message to them, announce fundraising updates to the crowd and say thank you whilst we were live at the event. All of this data was so easy and so quick to find! It made life so much easier on the event days.”
– Georgia Oliver, senior special events officer at SSAFA The Armed Forces Charity
A word of advice from SSAFA
- Don’t be afraid to use QR codes as you’ll get support from Good Thyngs the whole way
- Diversify your offering in the ways supporters can donate and learn more about your mission
- Make events as interactive as you can by linking supporters to exciting digital experiences that are easy to access
- Go hybrid and have digital tools ready for all your fundraising events so that you reach supporters who can’t be there in-person
- Use QR codes everywhere to maximise your data and campaign insights